Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 41 (Week 40 was Mother's Day Call)

Good morning everyone!

This week was nuts. Completely nuts. It was awesome to skype the family on monday. I realized as soon as we cut off the call that i didn't say anything i was planning to tell yous! UGH. hahaha it's okay though. I can still tell you through email. Wednesday we decided to text shirly because she told us she was going to text us her new school schedule and she hadn't yet, so we asked what her schedule was and she replied and said she wanted to come to church on sunday! hahaha you have to realize that i'm the only one who even knows her because we found her on trade-offs, and i'd only met her the one time. so we set up for her to get a ride to church with one of our members and it was awesome. I know she is one of those prepared that we are looking for.

That was the miracle of this week and now for the bad/good news.... I got transferred..... 

hahahaha definitely didn't see it coming. for the first few hours i wasn't sure if the sisters had set up some elaborate prank on me or something.(they tend to do that) But no, it was not a prank. I had to pack my bags and say my goodbyes. I'm really going to miss the Gong. It was an awesome place with some awesome people. 

My new area is Ginnindera ward in Canberra. Some people call it the Canberra mission because it is so far away from everyone. we drove for about 3 1/2 hours to get here. And as a result, i'm emailing today from the Australia National Library. Canberra is really nice. It's freezing, though. I'm going to buy a sweater after this.  My companion is Elder Walsh. He's from Philadelphia and he's been out for about 17 months. He's really awesome and i'm way excited to be serving with him. We have been asked to serve as Zone Leaders. Pretty nervous about that, but excited to see what it's like to be a zone leader. The area really seems to be booming and there's heaps of success. We've got a couple baptismal dates lined up for the coming weeks so i'm really excited about that. The missionaries here are really awesome. I'm living in a flat with my companion and elder Bowcut and Elder Cheng (yes, my son). It's going to be a great transfer. I'm going to have to keep this short because we've got a lot to do today. Love you all! Hope everyone is doing well! I'm a bit behind on the book of mormon reading, but i just read the story of the brother of Jared a few days ago and i really love that story. Not only his faith that led him to be able to see the Lord, but also how the stones were touched by the Lord, and they gave light to the people. "ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill, cannot be hid." It's so awesome that we are able to be the light for other people. Let it shine!

Love you all!

-Elder Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment